One or more addressees – your effort in sending mail is low in both cases. Use functions for automatic generation of texts or write an individual text if necessary. In addition, integrate additional systems automatically or ad hoc.
Why more than 10,000 users
Use MailCenter daily to
20 million emails per year.
This is how easy it is to send emails from SAP
MailCenter ▶ the software for SAP mail ingessing
Send SAP E-mail – Do you want to optimize your mail processes? Would you like to provide your users with a mail traffic tool that supports various use cases as needed? Want to learn more about the features that MailCenter offers you, what scenarios you use it for, and how you can benefit from it?
The add-on for sending e-mails
- Optimal support of all mail processes – ordering, invoices …
- Accelerated task processing
- 100% functions for sender, recipient, text, attachment
- Intuitive operation
- Easy installation and configuration
Order by mail – Scenario
Status Quo – Send emails from ERP
To send e-mails in a meaningful and effective way, you need a solution that offers the possibility to process, send and monitor e-mails within the ERP system. Do you want all the required mail functionality to be available for sender, recipient, subject, text, and attachment to send e-mail externally? SAP message control is not sufficient for this. In addition, users need clear management of correspondence. SAP e-mail traffic must be traceable. Users don’t want to waste time searching for operations. Contact details of the business partners should also be easily organized. Of course, the operation should remain uncomplicated at all times. With the standard, such a solution cannot be realized without programming. For this purpose, we have developed the MailCenter add-ons.
MailCenter – simple processes with the right tool
MailCenter – Most SAP customers need a supplement to the SAP standard in order to be able to work productively with the medium mail. This is exactly what we developed the MailCenter for. This add-on makes an important contribution to optimizing processes. It increases productivity in your company. Without mail, you save on printing and shipping costs. You also benefit from fast delivery. For example, if you send the SAP orders by e-mail, you will receive the goods faster from your suppliers. This ABAP add-on fits seamlessly into your environment. And it has already proven its worth with many of our SAP customers.
“We can significantly reduce the process processing times in the request and ordering process by using the MailCenter. Mail recipients and technical drawings for the attachment are automatically suggested, process-related mail texts are automatically generated. This conserve the resources of our employees.”
Elke Hoppe Head of Materials Management | Troester GmbH & Co. KG
Recipients and senders
- Automatic sender and recipient discovery
- Determination of addresses from different areas of the master data
- Multiple To, Cc, and Bcc receivers
- Easy maintenance of addresses
- Automatic determination of senders
- Determination of the address for senders from different ERP data sources
- Easy maintenance also for CpD account (Conto-pro-Diverse)
- Tools for maintaining master data
SAP Mail Dispatch Multiple Recipients – Read e-mail addresses from different areas of master data.
Transaction to maintain addresses for customers and vendors.
Text and annex
- Mail text for organizational unit, task type, language (also can be called for each SAP message type mail text)
- Text suggestions and generation also with hyperlinks
- Design Subject, Body, Signature and Disclaimer with HTML
- Formatting of texts in corporate design
- Automatically add attachments via Customizing or manually
- Attachments from various sources: File, Generic Object Services (SAPOffice), ArchiveLink, BDS, DVS Document Management
SAP mailing with PDF attachment – Add also from further attachments: Spontaneously or automatically attach documents from different sources
Sent mail from SAP with attachments – Design in HTML
Edit and send
- Creating and editing in the application object (quotation, order, …)
- Use of the central cockpit
- Sending the message from standard transactions, from the central overview or in batch
- Repetition of the messages
- Information of the user or information to alternative address in case of transmission errors via Workflow Express Mails
- Optional link to Business Workplace
- Shipping via SAPConnect SMTP nodes
- PDF / EDI converter: summary of the file and conversions of all kinds with PDF2EDI and auto-gration
- Integrate tracking solutions
SAP Mail Dispatch Text – The user can create and maintain an individual text in the message. In addition, there are predefined texts for subject, body and signature for different processes, such as orders, quotes, invoices.
Customizing and Reporting
- Comprehensive reporting capabilities within ERP
- Information about open and sent mails with send status also via GOS link in the document
- Creation of individual selection variants
- View and resend documents with send errors
- Flexible adaptation of mailing to the specific process for the user
- Numerous ways to set up the application via Customizing and User Exits
- Organizational, operation, and user-dependent settings
“The MailCenter is easy to use and can be flexibly adapted to the different business processes.”
Uwe Schmidt Information Technology and Organisation | Baier & Schneider GmbH & Co
Use this NetWeaver add-on to edit and send the document directly from ERP for all operations. Thanks to the intuitive interface, all important basic functions for editing e-mails are available to the user. These functions can be found in the following areas: Sender & Recipient, Texts (HTML), Attachments and Reporting.
Numerous features make the work of the users easier. These include proposals for the identification of recipients, the automatic generation of texts and recommendations for attachments. This shortens steps for the processor. Likewise, some are completely eliminated. Depending on the use case, the user decides the methods for editing. Accordingly, processes are considerably simplified.
The shipment from SAP takes place directly from the document, the cockpit or automatically in the background. For example, a quote is sent quickly and easily from the transaction for document processing. On the other hand, a reminder may prefer to be sent in the background. In addition, special, individual requirements can be implemented with ABAP extensions.
Find out more about how you can benefit from the features of the MailCenter in our customers’ testimonials.
Write – send – control
Send SAP Mail with Attachment
Do you send orders or quotations in the PDF attachment by e-mail from SAP? Should users attach additional attachments to the mails? These are, for example, flyers, a technical drawing, a calculation or general terms and conditions. Such operations are often found in sales and purchasing. Let’s take a closer look at these processes. This is because users today often work awkwardly. Let’s consider the use case: Attach SAP document to purchase order. Before users send the SAP order by e-mail, save the business document to the desktop. Then add the document in Outlook as an attachment to a message. If you want to attach additional SAP documents to this Outlook e-mail, repeat this process. The bottom line is that such an approach costs users valuable time.
With the MailCenter add-on, you can easily add more attachments to your mails, in addition to the standard SAP PDF attachments. This works both manually and automatically. The source of the annexes does not matter. This is because the application supports all disks that can be reached by the client. As a result, the process is less prone to errors and saves time. In addition, the mails in the ERP system are fully visible at all times. This makes operations transparent, even for other users. Take a look at the testimonials of our customers. There you will learn more about the benefits of the MailCenter for users.
Does this sound interesting to you? Then we will be happy to make you an individual offer!
Attach SAP documents – which attachments can be used?
Files for the attachment can come from a variety of sources.
You add documents as an attachment:
- the Document Management System (DVS) as part of the Product LifeCycle Management (PLM) environment,
- Generic Object Services (GOS) with SAPOffice (SOFF),
- The Business Document Service (BDS),
- the file system,
- an external directory (path on a server)
to the e-mail. In any case, existing attachments can be displayed on the screen beforehand. This requires a suitable viewer for the selected file format. Of course, the receiver also needs a suitable viewer. In addition, an automatic assignment to the document is carried out on request for DVS documents. Will the business document in the appendix be sent as a PDF? Or do you need a PDF and an XML? You also define this in Customizing. If necessary, change the text to describe the attachment before sending it. In any case, the system supports all common file formats for the attachments.
How can I attach a document?
Add attachments manually or automatically – How the attachments are added depends on the process.
On the one hand, the user maintains the attachments manually before sending them, as he is used to from Outlook. It simply attaches one or more files to the email in the attachment. And this for the respective process. Completely individual.
On the other hand, you automatically attach attachments according to an individual set of rules. Of course, you configure the proposal about Customizing. With user exits and ABAP extensions, you can customize the finding of attachments to the process. Individually adapted to your wishes. Furthermore, a proposal supports the user in the selection of the required documents. We always pursue a goal. To make the process as automated as possible for the user. In short, no matter which way you choose. Adding attachments to mailing is no longer an issue in the future. You certainly have that under control with the program.
Can the use of documents in the attachment be restricted?
Attachments yes, but only certain document types – You enable the use of DVS, Office, and ArchiveLink attachments in Customizing. Here a restriction at the organization and user level is possible. For DVS attachments, you limit the use per organizational unit, document type, and status. All documents with a valid status are available to the user in the MailCenter. By selecting the user, the user determines the documents relevant for shipping. Manually attached or automatically suggested systems can be re-selected at any time. Sometimes the mail server’s policies allow only certain sizes for messages or attachments. Therefore, you define a maximum size for attachments in the configuration. As soon as the maximum size is exceeded, the red lamp goes on. The user receives a hint during the creation. This restricts the use of documents. Furthermore, you influence the selection of attachments with individual ABAP extensions.
What is included in the SAP solution?
The SAP add-on is offered as a standard solution. The application is available in German and English. In addition to the provision of the programs, we take over the initial setup. This setup is carried out after delivery of the application on the basis of a standardized project roadmap. Based on a predefined questionnaire, we determine your requirements. This information will be used to adapt the product to your needs. The program is easy and quick to implement. They didn’t need any more hardware. Simply send the business document from ERP – make your ERP a digital post office.
We have incorporated the experience gained from a variety of customer projects into this implementation guide. More specifically, the standardized approach speeds up implementation and conserve your resources. The input to the essential functions of the MailCenter is based on the import of the transports and the configuration in your test system.
You will receive extensive documentation of the technical settings as well as a compilation of the application functions. Selected key users then check whether the application is set up as desired. In any case, our consultants will of course be at your disposal with advice and deeds during the implementation. After the production start and in the operating phase, you will receive support from our team at any time.
With our development services, we provide regularly updated versions of the program. Every customer gets access to our customer portal. Here you will find all documents and documentation as well as the patches.
- Sales & Service | Request, Quote, Order, Contract
- Shipping | Asn
- Transport | Forwarding documents
- Billing | Invoice, credit memo, direct debit, cancellation invoice, pro forma invoice
- Requests | Request, Reminder, Cancellation
- Orders | Order, confirmation warning, order reminder
- Framework contracts | Contract, confirmation warning
- Delivery schedule | Scheduling schedule schedule, scheduling agreement call
- Registration sheet | Entry
- Financial Accounting | Reminder, payment notification, SEPA direct debit announcement
- Audit | Consignment, ERS procedure
- Subsequent settlement | Agreements
- Installation via the Transport Management System
- Technical Settings in SAP
- Configuration of the application according to the needs of your users
- Functional instruction, handover and support
- Technical documentation
- Documentation for users
- Update Management Support
- Support Hotline, Helpdesk and Portal
- Tracking within the mail to the delivery notification
- Archiving of print messages
- Customizing Message Control, Message Type, Partner Roles, and Partner Schema
- Maintenance Condition records for message type
- Implementation of further individual extensions
- Signing and encrypted transmission
- Consulting, configuration and optimization SAPConnect (transaction SCOT), SOST, SMTP server and SMTP service configuration
Product versions from:
- EHP2 FOR SAP ERP 6.0
- SAP ERP 6.0
- SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0)
Also for SAP S/4HANA – from SAP S/4HANA ON-PREMISE 1511
- For SAP ERP and S/4HANA
- Developed with ABAP and with the integrated extension ABAP Objects
- Business Communication Services (BCS)
- Use of Business Address Services (BAS) features
- Use SAPConnect and the SMTP plugin from the Internet Communication Manager (ICM)
- SAP Message Control Mail – Control via Message Type / SAP Communication Strategy Mail
- Suitable for forms: Smart Forms, SAPscript, Adobe Forms
- Microsoft Integration with Object Linking & Embedding (OLE)
Would you like more information about our products, solutions and services related to MailCenter? Make an appointment for a live demoright away.