What is the SAP Outlook e-mail integration?
With the SAP Outlook Add-In, you can store e-mails from your inbox in SAP. You assign the emails to Business Objects. These are processes such as sales order, purchase order or service notification. Thus, the relevant business communication is centralized and transparent for all users. The processes are clearly documented. As a result, times for searching and thus costs are reduced. The service quality improves.
Why store emails centrally in ERP?
SAP Outlook Integration – users receive numerous e-mails in their inbox every day. Some of them relate to processes in SAP. These are often messages containing important information about an SAP business transaction. For queries from customers and suppliers, employees search for these emails in both SAP and Microsoft Outlook. This is expensive and costs time and nerves. That’s why we have added an SAP Outlook add-in to the MailCenter. This moves important messages from the inbox to the ERP system. In any case, the transparency noticeably relieves the employees. In addition, fast access to information and quality of service are key success factors today.
In any case, the program is easy and fast to implement. They needed no further hardware and software. Simply put the mails in SAP. Make your ERP the digital post office.
Does that sound interesting to you? We will gladly make you an offer!
Background – use of the app
Companies not only want to send emails, but also centrally manage incoming mail in SAP ERP. Both types of messages must be visible in the ERP processes. The goal is to centralize the communication with the business partners in a transparent and transparent way for the responsible employees. Basically, this requirement exists in all departments. Whether employees in sales, who receive additional information on offers. Just as employees in purchasing receive feedback or confirmations about inquiries or orders. The colleagues in the service receive queries about existing service messages. Without a central storage of e-mails in SAP, the processes are incomplete for the users. Because access to the inbox of the colleague or the colleague usually does not exist. This makes processes difficult to understand and non-transparent. As a result, employees need more time to search for information.
Learn more about the scenarios you use our solution for below.
What scenarios are supported by the solution?
Scenario link – connecting mails to business objects
If you have questions from customers and suppliers, you will lose valuable time in many cases. During the call, the search for the corresponding e-mails for the process takes place. However, the incoming messages slumber in the mailbox of a colleague. As a result, no access to these documents is possible. But how can incoming documents be linked to business objects in SAP? Sometimes the assignment of e-mails to transactions is done manually via SAP Upload. However, this is cumbersome, time consuming and error prone. In short, SAP OUTLOOK integration makes things easier. Because you store e-mails from the inbox directly in the SAP system. This creates a link to the associated business objects. As a result, users will find these emails directly on the SAP object. This makes processes more transparent. Search times are reduced. In any case, the work will be easier, faster and better.
Scenario creation and connection
Why do service employees manually create messages in SAP manually from inbox operations? After receiving the message in the Inbox, enter a message in the ERP. Then save the mail on your desktop. In a further step you link the mails with the created message. This process is awkward. As a result, it costs employees time and is error prone. On the other hand, you use the function for the message system of the Add’Ins to create messages directly from the inbox. The SAP Outlook Integration lets you choose the notification type. To do this, you link the mails with the created SAP object directly in Outlook. All this works at the touch of a button in one step. This makes the process easy and safe. Finally, you always have the complete documentation of the mail traffic in the GOS attachment of the message. Consequently, the combination of message and inbox mails ensures transparency for the user.
Regardless of which of the two scenarios is interesting for you. With this office management solution you connect Mircosoft Mail Client to your SAP ERP system.
Make an appointment now for a live demo.
What does the MailCenter Add-In include?
Available for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016 – 32 bit. The application is available in German and English. The Add-In is a standard solution. In addition to providing the programs, we take over the initial setup. The setup is based on a standardized project roadmap. For this we determine your requirements by means of a predefined questionnaire. Then we adapt the product to your needs. This standardized approach speeds up the implementation and protects your resources. Subsequently, the import of the transports and the configuration of the test system and client takes place. Finally, you will receive the briefing.
You will also get a documentation of the technical settings as well as a documentation of the application. Lastly, selected key users check the correct setup of the application. In this phase, our consultants will assist you with advice and assistance. During productive start-up and operational phase, you will receive support from our support team.
Our support service ensures the smooth operation of the SAP extension in your company. In addition, we provide you with regularly updated program versions via our customer portal. For this you as the customer get access to this customer portal. There you will find all documents and documentation.
MailCenter Add-In for PC-Client
- Direct Linking mails from Microsoft Outlook Inbox to SAP business objects such as customer orders, inquiries, orders, etc.
- mails with attachments fully visible at all times on the Object Services
- Receiving the mails from the SAP object to the attachment list
- Storage of inbound messages via the ArchiveLink interface
- With the integrated viewer the email is displayed in Outlook (can also be forwarded from the viewer)
- “Scan”: checking the incoming mails to an existing SAP object
- “Status”: Transmitted operations received a new status in Outlook
- “User configuration”: User-specific settings in Outlook
- Faster access to information
- Improved transparency of operations
- Better service quality
- Improved quality of transaction processing, error minimization
- Improved document security, fewer document loss
- Unified information platform
- No media breaks
- SAP Interiors & instruction
- SAP component installation via the Transport Management System
- Technical implementation reception in SAP ERP – SAPConnect (transaction SCOT)
- Configuring the application for receiving data in ERP
- Instruction for installation and configuration of the Microsoft add-ins at workplaces
- Briefing on the configuration and functions in Microsoft OL Client
- Accompaniment Test &-Live documentation
- Not included: the installation of the add-ins on all jobs
- Service & Support Hotline, helpdesk and portal
- Prerequisite: NetWeaver Application Server 7:00 (ABAP)
- Server Component ABAP / ABAP Objects
- HANA compatible
- SAP web infrastructure
- No settings required for receiving emails in the SCOT
- send emails scot transaction
- Various authentication methods such as Basic Authentication, SSO
- Encryption of the transport layer via HTTP and HTTPs
- Not suitable for SAP Business One, CRM, Cloud
With this add-on, many companies experience a simplification of their processes. This improves and accelerates your business. Convince yourself in a live product demo of the benefits of this SAP Outlook Add’Ins. Get in touch with us today.
Would you like to know more about our products, solutions, services and support? Contact us. We look forward to you.