SAP Outlook Integration – Incoming Mail in ERP
With SAP Outlook integration, you store e-mail from your inbox in SAP. Because companies don’t just want to send e-mails. There is a desire to store mails from the inbox in SAP ERP. The aim is to store correspondence with business partners centrally and transparently. This means that the responsible employees have access to it at any time. Finally, the relevant correspondence must be visible to all responsible SAP users. Cleanly documented processes make work easier. As a result, search and cost times are reduced. In addition, the quality of service is improving.
The Outlook Integration Add-on
- Easy mail storage in SAP
- Central storage, transparent communication
- Fewer search times
- 100 user-oriented solution
- Easy installation and configuration
Why emails from Outlook
centrally stored in SAP?
Users receive numerous e-mails in their inboxes every day. Some of these relate to operations in SAP. These are often messages with important information about an SAP business transaction. When customers and suppliers ask questions, employees search for these mails in both SAP and Microsoft Outlook. This is expensive and takes time and nerves. That’s why we added the SAP Outlook Connector to the MailCenter. This allows you to move important messages from the Inbox to the SAP ERP system. In any case, transparency significantly relieves the employees. In addition, fast access to information and service quality are important success factors today.
Find out now for which scenarios you can use our solution.
Basically, the problem exists in all departments. Sales employees receive additional information about offers. Purchasing employees receive feedback on inquiries. Suppliers confirm orders. Colleagues in the service receive inquiries about existing service messages. Without a central storage of e-mails in SAP, the processes are incomplete for the users. As a rule, there is no access to the inbox of your colleague. As a result, processes are difficult to understand and non-transparent. As a result, employees need more time to find information.
In any case, the program is easy and quick to implement. They didn’t need any more hardware or software. Simply store the mails in SAP. Turn your SAP ERP into a digital post office.
Benefits for your business
All information visible on the SAP operation
- Improved visibility, fast access, fewer searches
- More efficient work, higher service quality
- Improved quality of operation processing
- No media breaks, minimizing errors
Easy to use
- Simple, user-friendly handling
- User satisfaction
- Short introduction time, modification-free and releaseable
- No additional hardware or software required
Features – SAP Outlook Connector
- Automatic search of the SAP object for the incoming Outlook mail
- Function for categorizing messages
- Directly link mail from Microsoft Outlook Inbox to all SAP objects
- Creation and changes of SAP objects directly from e-mail
- Message creation in SAP directly from mail is also possible
- Inclusion of the mails in the attachment list of the SAP object
- Archiving incoming e-mail via the ArchiveLink interface
- Mails about the services to the object can be viewed by the responsible processors
- The built-in Outlook Viewer displays the email in SAP as in the original
- Submitted tasks get a new status
- Numerous user groups with specific settings
What scenarios does the add-on support?
SAP “Deposit Document” scenario
In many cases, you will lose valuable time in the event of inquiries from customers and suppliers. During the phone call, the search for the associated e-mails for the operation takes place. Sometimes the incoming messages are dormant in a colleague’s mailbox. As a result, these documents cannot be accessed.
But how can incoming documents be connected to the business objects in SAP? Some users realize the assignment of the e-mails to operations manually via SAP upload. However, this is cumbersome, time-consuming and error-prone. In short, this integration is easier. This is because you place e-mails from the inbox directly in the SAP system. This creates a link to the associated business objects, such as sales order or purchase order. As a result, users will find these emails directly on the SAP object. This makes operations more transparent. Search times are reduced. This makes the work easier, faster and better.
SAP Scenario “Creating and Changing Business Objects”
Why do employees in the service manually create messages in SAP from inbox operations? Without an add-on, the process often looks like this – after receiving the message in the inbox, you enter a message in the ERP. Then save the mail to your desktop. In a further step, you link the incoming mail to the created message. This process is cumbersome. As a result, it costs the employee time and is prone to errors.
With this SAP Outlook integration, on the other hand, you create or change SAP objects directly from the inbox. In addition, you link the Outlook mails to the created SAP object. All this works at the touch of a button in one step. This make the process simple and safe. Finally, you always have the complete documentation of mail traffic in the GOS attachment of the message. Consequently, the linking of Business Object and incoming mails ensures transparency for the user.
Regardless of which of the two scenarios is of interest to you. With this management solution, you can connect Outlook to your SAP ERP system.
Do you have any questions? Talk to one of our experts about SAP Outlook integration for free now. Give us a call!
You can easily reach us by phone at +49 (0) 89 2154 689 80 or via our contact form. We are always at your disposal (from Mon – Fri from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.).
What does the MailCenter include?
SAP Outlook integration?
The software is available for Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 (32 bit), 2013 (32 bit), 2016 (32 bit + 64 bit) and 2019 (32 bit + 64 bit). The application is available in German and English. In addition to the provision of the programs, we take over the initial setup. The configuration is carried out on the basis of a standardized project roadmap. For this purpose, we determine your requirements at the start of the project with the help of a predefined questionnaire. We then adapt the product to your needs. This standardized approach speeds up implementation and conserve your resources. The transports are then imported and the test system and client are configured. Finally, you will receive the briefing.
You will also receive documentation of the technical settings and one regarding the application. Finally, selected key users check the correct setup of the SAP Outlook application. At this stage, our consultants will provide you with advice and assistance. During the production start and operation phase, you will receive support from our support.
In addition, our service support ensures the smooth operation of the SAP expansion in your company. In addition, we provide you with regularly updated program versions via our customer portal. For this purpose, you as a customer will have access to the Download area MailCenter. There you will find all documents and documents as well as updates to the program.
Does this sound interesting to you? We would be happy to make you an offer!
- Setup & Instruction SAP ERP Outlook Integration
- Installation of SAP component via the Transport Management System
- Technical implementation web service reception in ERP
- Instruction on installing and configuring the Microsoft add-on at workstations
- Teach the configuration and features in Microsoft Outlook
- Accompaniment Test & Production Documentation
- Not included: Installing the SAP Outlook add-in at all workstations
- Service & Support Hotline, Helpdesk and Portal
Product versions from:
- EHP2 FOR SAP ERP 6.0
- SAP ERP 6.0
- SAP NETWEAVER 7.4
Software component versions from:
- MESERP | MailCenter | Release 32010 | 20-11 (11/2020)
Also for SAP S/4HANA – from SAP S/4HANA ON-PREMISE 1511
- Component SAP server with ABAP and ABAP Objects
- Mircosoft .NET-based client with web service technology
- SAP Web Service Infrastructure
- Suitable for single sign-on scenarios
- For SAP ERP and S/4 (not suitable for CRM and cloud solutions)
- No settings required for receiving emails in SCOT
With the SAP add-on, many companies experience a significant simplification of their processes. This improves and accelerates your business. Convince yourself of the advantages of this SAP Outlook integration as part of a live product demo. Please contact us today.
Many SAP customers trust our solution. Take a look at our references.
Would you like to learn more about our products like MailCenter, HotM Monitoring and HotM IDocMonitor? Talk to us. We look forward to seeing you.
Products SAP Mail – MailCenter
Products SAP Monitoring – HotM