Initial situation – Why SAP XRechnung?
The XInvoice specifies a digital format for electronic invoicing. It was determined by the IT Planning Council for the Federal and State Governments. In this way, Germany is creating a uniform format for electronic invoicing. This is in line with the requirements at European level under EU Directive 2014/55/EU. As an electronic invoice, only XRechnung is accepted by all contracting authorities in the public sector. Conventional invoicing by paper or simple PDF is no longer possible. Each country has its own peculiarities and formats.
E-BILL. Gv. AT is the procedure for the transfer of data transmission for the transfer of electronic structured invoices (e-invoices) to public administrations or companies in Austria.
Motivation – electronic invoices directly from SAP
Due to the obligation to use XRechnung, we have developed an extension for XRechnungen and ZUGFeRD for our MailCenter customers. Our goal is the optimal exchange of electronic invoices between business partners and authorities. This solution is fully integrated with SAP ERP. This allows you to create, validate and send invoices according to the German XInvoice format. The creation takes place directly in the course of invoicing with SAP. If you send XIns directly from SAP to your customers, this has the decisive advantages:
- All data is processed in SAP. This means that you do not have duplicate data storage, media breaks or cumbersome communication channels.
- Due to the simple configuration, you can make adjustments yourself in case of changes to the standard. As a result, you don’t need programming adjustments or expensive consultants.
- Little configuration is required. This means that you are fully operational after a short time to send invoices.
Features – MailCenter Add-On E-Bill
With the MailCenter extension e-bill, we have developed an integrated solution for SAP ERP ECC 6.0 and S/4HANA. With our application, SAP customers simply generate and transfer XRechnungen and ZUGFeRD directly from the SAP system. This is because the add-on is seamlessly integrated into the system. In addition, it can be flexibly adapted to the respective business process.
We are certified Peppol Access Point
With this solution, invoices that are to be sent according to the German XRechnungsformat can be generated directly in the course of invoicing with SAP. The software solution for Xcalculations is modular and therefore allows individual components to be used. This allows flexible adaptation in terms of functionalities and prices. In addition, the application for XRechnungen can be implemented in your SAP system according to individual requirements.
Create XRechnung SAP – Especially for this process, the following functionalities are included in the solution:
- Create XRechnungen: The user can create XRechnungen in XML file format from the SAP ERP system. These converted invoice files can be visualized in a viewer.
- Validate XRechnungen: One functionality is to check invoices for the correct file format and full invoice contents. This validation tool works well when sending XIns to the public administration.
- Send XRechnungen: To enable employees to send XRechnungen, the solution contains different shipping methods and transmission methods. The electronic invoice is released either manually or automatically for shipping.
- Outgoing invoice book: In a journal, users can see both the XRechnungen and the ZUGFeRD invoices in an overview. You can display the electronic invoices with the SAP solution as a PDF file or as an HTML page.
- Send XRechnungen: Various channels are available for sending XRechnungen. This includes sending invoices by e-mail, uploading an online form and fully automatic transmission via web services (PEPPOL).
- Master data maintenance and Customizing: All data relevant to the process, such as the routing ID.B, the invoice format, recipient data, can be maintained in the master data. Customizing gives you numerous options for individualizing the process and the application. SAP XRechnung Routing ID – In order for the supplier’s XRechnung to be forwarded to the correct invoice recipient, the supplier must know the recipient’s routing ID and include it in the e-invoice.
- The MailCenter Add-on E-Invoice generates XRechnungen in the EU-wide standardized XML UBL format
- UBL XML Invoices (UBL Invoice) and Credit Credits (UBL CreditNote)
- Checking The UBL XML for Schema Compliance XInvoice
- Management and reporting of operations via central cockpit
- The archiving of documents XInvoice and ZUGFeRD is possible via SAP ArchiveLink in the standard.
System Requirements Solution
Product versions from:
- EHP2 FOR SAP ERP 6.0
- SAP ERP 6.0
- SAP NETWEAVER 7.0 (SAP enhancement package 2 for SAP NetWeaver 7.0)
Software component versions from:
- MailCenter from version 32.010 || 20-11 (11/2020)
– SAP Product Version from SAP NETWEAVER 7.31 SP26
– Adobe Server NW750 ADS SP-5
Also for SAP S/4HANA – from SAP S/4HANA ON-PREMISE 1511
MailCenter – Customizing Messages E-invoice
MailCenter – SAP XInvoice Customizing
Do your customers, authorities and contracting authorities count? Then you become active now. See the performance of the MailCenter extension for XIns and ZUGFeRD. We are happy to introduce you to the SAP add-on as part of a live demo (45 min.). Then it’s best to just get a picture of yourself.
You can also read more about XRechnung here: XRechnung.
What is Peppol?
The Pan-European Public Procurement OnLine (PEPPOL) is an international project. It is used to standardise cross-border, electronically supported public procurement procedures within the European Union.
The aim is to speed up the electronically supported public tendering and procurement process and thus save costs.
PEPPOL supports E-invoicing Directive 2014/55/EU. HOWEVER, PEPPOL is not limited to the exchange of invoices (E-Invoicing) such as ZUGFeRD. It covers the entire electronic procurement process. PEPPOL allows the exchange with all registered partners in the network via a connection. Access is via so-called access points.
How does Peppol work?
The exchange is done via different message types and defined standards. For example, a message type is the invoice. These standards include the Universal Business Language (UBL Standard ISO/IEC) format. The PEPPOL network is used to exchange The UBL documents.
What are the advantages of Peppol?
The maximum size of the XInvoice including the invoice-accompanying systems is 15 megabytes with Peppol and 10 megabytes by e-mail. It is a secure transmission through encrypted communication via AS4, SSL and TLS. No phishing possible. You will receive a shipping confirmation. If you successfully transfer to the Peppol network, you will receive a technical confirmation.
As a certified access point provider, we offer the basis for electronic invoicing to authorities according to the secure PEPPOL standard. Since October 2020, munich enterprise software has been a member of the openPeppol community. Thanks to direct authorized Peppol connection and as a certified access point provider, we also offer the transmission of e-invoices via this transmission route.
Learn more about Peppol.