SAP IDoc Monitor – you do not want to waste valuable time on electronic business transactions?
SAP IDoc Monitor 2018 is an add-on for your ERP system for monitoring, processing and administration of intermediate documents (IDocs). Because these IDocs are the central format for data exchange with internal and external systems in an SAP system environment. On the one hand, data from the application documents and master data is written to IDocs during outbound processing. Afterwards they will be sent to the target system. On the other hand, during inbound processing, IDocs are transferred from a source system to the input interface. Then they are stored in the SAP system. In a further step, the document data is generated and posted in the respective application. However, errors occur in the processing of IDocs in an ERP system. In practice, many companies spend valuable time identifying and correcting these errors. As a result, delays and disruptions to business processes occur.
With the SAP IDoc Monitor, you always know whether the data transfers of your business transactions run without errors. Due to easily definable content and technical rules, these states are recognized immediately. If a previously defined situation occurs, the responsible employees will be informed automatically by e-mail. You can then correct the reported errors directly from the e-mail. You define the rules for a monitor to recognize certain situations and the distribution of messages according to your requirements.
With the help of this timely error detection, you reduce the delay in your business processes with the IDocMonitor.
What are the advantages of using the IDocMonitor?
The timely detection, control and correction of the IDoc processing is an expensive, time-consuming activity in the standard. Thus, the IDoc control and monitoring burden the IT departments and the department alike. In many individual steps, error situations must be detected and analyzed.
The challenges lie in practice, for example in the following topics:
- Timely detection of technical and content error situations
- Monitor SAP IDoc output
- Monitor SAP IDoc Inbox
- Transactions such as WE02, WE05 and BD87 (SAP IDoc Transaction Codes) are technically oriented and not content-related
- In the mentioned transactions, field names are used instead of business terms
- In case of error – complicated navigation to SAP transaction IDoc processing
- Process IDoc transaction and transaction SAP BD87 Process IDoc
- Show many clicks for SAP transaction IDoc
- High coordination effort for content errors between IT, department and business partners
In order to meet these challenges when monitoring IDocs, we at mes have developed the IDocMonitor as an add-on for ERP. Irrespective of whether they are IDocs for the exchange of business documents via EDI or IDocs for linking various business applications and systems. The bottom line is that you control your interfaces effortlessly with the IDocMonitor. Thus, the times for detection, analysis and processing of errors are significantly reduced. This saves your resources and speeds up your processes.
How does the IDocMonitor work?
With the IDocMonitor, you simply define technical and content monitors. These periodically check the system status by means of jobs in the background. As a result, faults are detected immediately and without any human resources and the correct measures are automatically initiated. You can easily differentiate between technical and content problems when processing the IDocs. Due to the special user interface, the required filter criteria for a monitor can be easily defined. Relevant business content or error and status codes are easy to identify.
Simplify and accelerate time-consuming routine activities with this tool.
Your IT team or administrators will be relieved. You use the IDocMonitor to improve the monitoring and correction of IDocs. The distribution and ease-of-use mechanisms allow you to move activities from the IT base to the relevant department. The mes as a partner supports you.
Which functions are available in the IDocMonitor?
- Monitoring with SAP New IDoc Monitor Transaction
- Define monitors to monitor the systemSimple maintenance of technical and content IDoc criteria with status
- Simple configuration with business criteriaTest tool for the rules
- Definition of e-mail distributorsE-mail notification of “faulty” system states
- Flexible design of the email via HTML
- Simple processing of the IDocs from the e-mail with direct jump to the application
- Definieren von Monitoren zur Überwachung des Systems
Would you like to know more about the functions of the IDocMonitor? Make an appointment now for a live demo. We are happy to introduce the product to you.
What is included in the IDocMonitor solution?
With the IDocMonitor you get a real “ready-to-run” solution. Because it is quickly installed and ready to use within a few days. Furthermore, you do not need any other components for software and services. Moreover, you define the set of rules with technical and content-related filter criteria quite simply without further special knowledge. In any case, you can easily add or change the so-called alerts after a brief briefing. As a result, you have a solution in no time to monitor and correct EDI data in a timely manner.
- Installation über das Transport Management System
- Installation via the Transport Management System
- Instruction in the functions, transfer and support
- Technical Documentation
- Documentation for the users
- Update Management Support
- Support Hotline, Helpdesk and Portal
- Base – NetWeaver Application Server 7.00 (ABAP)
- Developed with ABAP and the integrated ABAP Objects extension
- Compatible and tested also for S / 4 HANA technology 2017
With the help of this add-on, many companies across all industries are greatly simplified in monitoring their electronic business processes. This will improve and speed up your business and the exchange of data with business partners and partner systems. Convince yourself of the advantages of this application as part of a live product demo via web. Get in contact with us today.